19 digestive biscuits
300ml double cream
405g can of light condensed milk
- Crush up the digestive biscuits into crumbs (I did it with a rolling pin which is very therapeutic)
- Melt the butter and mix it up with the biscuit crumbs
- Grease a loose bottomed cake tin and put a circle of grease-proof paper on the bottom
- Press the biscuit crumb mix into the bottom of the tin and about an inch up the sides, making sure to press them down firmly.
- Place the tin in the fridge for the base to harden while making the filling
- Finely grate the zest of the four limes into a mixing bowl, then squeeze their juice into the bowl too
- Pour the cream and the condensed milk into the bowl with the lime juice and zest and whisk until thick and creamy
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and put back into the fridge for at least a few hours, until solid.
This recipe is dead easy but really delicious, it would be a good way to impress friends or guests without too much effort. Having a loose-bottomed cake tin is important since it would prove very difficult to get the pie out of a tin without a loose bottom. This recipe is for quite a sweet key lime pie, if you like it more tart then add an extra lime or two.