1 Aug 2011

Chinese Style Honey and Mustard Pork Steaks

There were some pork steaks in the fridge which I knew were going to be cooked for dinner and, not wanting them to be condemned to be cooked into a bland and boring steak with nothing added whatsoever, I decided to take over the cooking and make them taste nice.  Therefore I decided to marinade them before grilling them later.

Ingredients:
4 Pork steaks
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon mustard
2 cloves garlic

Method:

  • Put the pork steaks in a bowl with all of the marinade ingredients and mix together, making sure each steak is coated
  • Cover the bowl with foil and put in the fridge for at least an hour, preferably more
  • When ready to cook take the steaks out of the marinade and grill for about 6 minutes on each side or until cooked
I served the pork with egg fried rice and carrots which I boiled and then fried with the remaining marinade but they can be served with whatever you want.  The steaks were very tender and tasty, I effectively saved them from being chewy and bland. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment